Assistant Professor of Mathematics
It's always interesting to meet and get to know new students and what's even better is when those students light up with understanding.”
Kate Patterson is from Lander, Wyoming, and has been with CWC since 2014. has been a researcher at the University of Auckland in New Zealand. After earning her doctorate in mathematics at Montant State University she spent three years as a research fellow in the department of mathematics at the University of Auckland, New Zealand.
Patterson really loves how CWC has the ability to directly affect the community through education. Another thing she enjoys about working at a small college is that it allows the opportunity and freedom to collaborate across disciplines.
"I want to share my love of mathematics and modeling. I want to foster curiosity in others so that they might share in the beauty and wonder of mathematics. But more than anything, teaching is the most rewarding when students trust you enough to ask questions and share a bit of themselves with you."
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, University of Wyoming
- Doctorate in Mathematics, Montana State University-Bozeman
- Backpacking in the Wind River Mountains
- Completing a Ph.D. in Mathematics
- Presenting research at international conferences
- Living, working and traveling in New Zealand for three years