Instructor of Instrumental Music/Director of Bands
I love that the music department at CWC provides a setting where musicians of all ages from across the community can develop their craft over the course of a lifetime, and connect with others through a shared love of singing or playing instruments.”
Jeremy Cochran is the new music instructor at CWC and he hails from Duluth, Minnesota. He taught band, choir and was a general music teacher at Campbell-Tintah Public School in Minnesota from 2009-2013. He later was a graduate lecturer in music at George Mason University in Virginia where he also earned his doctorate in musical arts in conducting. In 2019, Cochran was an adjunct instructor of music education and the intern teacher supervisor at the University of Maryland Baltimore County.
Now he resides in Riverton and is ready to watch the music program grow and help students pursue their passion for music.
"The moment when a student first demonstrates new understanding is rewarding on multiple levels, especially when the student assigns personal significance to that understanding. Content that has been long familiar to me becomes new again when interpreted through the individual perspectives of students."
- Bachelor of Science in Music Education, North Dakota State University
- Masters of Music in Conducting, University of Minnesota Duluth
- Doctorate of Musical Arts in Conducting, George Mason University
- Winner - Arizona Western College 50th Anniversary Alma Mater Composition Contest for submission "Ye Matadors"
- Winner - 2015 Minnesota Sinfonia/McKnight Foundation Composition Contest for submission "Insoucient" (Chamber Orchestra)