University of Wyoming Info Booth for the College of Arts & Sciences
Monday, Sept. 24th
11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Main Hall outside Library
Thursday, Oct. 4th
11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Hallway in front of Rustler Central
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship application is now open!
The Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship is a highly selective scholarship for the nation’s top community college students seeking to complete their bachelor’s degrees at four-year colleges or universities, and students receive generous financial support for two to three years.
As part of their scholarship, recipients may:
● Receive up to $40,000 per year to use toward tuition, books, and other fees and expenses at any accredited four-year institution.
● Pursue any area of study.
● Have access to personal advising about selecting a college, navigating financial aid, and maximizing their experience at their new institution.
● Be eligible to apply for the Cooke Graduate Scholarship.
As minimum criteria, students must:
● Be a current student at an accredited U.S. community college or two-year institution with sophomore status or a recent graduate (within the last five years).
● Intend to enroll full time in an accredited four-year college or university in fall 2019.
● Earn a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5 in college.
● Demonstrate financial need. JKCF will consider applicants with family income up to $95,000. Last year’s cohort of new transfer scholarship recipients had a median family income of approximately $32,000.
Current community college students and recent graduates can apply exclusively through The Common App. The website is https://www.jkcf.org/our- scholarships/undergraduate- transfer-scholarship/how-to- apply. All scholarship application materials must be submitted before the deadline on November 27, 2018 at 11:59 p.m., Mountain Standard time.
To see the food court specials this week, check out the calendar!