Who is CWC Jackson?
For over 45 years, Central Wyoming College (CWC) has been proudly serving the Jackson community. We are committed to this community and passionate about meeting the unique educational challenges and workforce needs of Teton County by providing:
- Foundational courses that open doors to a college future, including focused support for those with English as a second language
- Adult Basic Education and High School Equivalency
- Accredited culinary and hospitality program that ﬁts within the oﬀ-seasons
- Excellent nursing and health science programs
- Business degrees, entrepreneurial success programs and customized workforce training
- Bachelor Degree offerings
- View all Jackson Credit Programs
- Dual and concurrent credit for high school students
- Community enrichment courses for ongoing learning and improvement
2500 College Credit students and 1000 ESL and High School Equivalency students served over the past 10 years
210 Certificates/Degrees awarded over the past 10 years
100% Employment rate for students of the Culinary & Hospitality Program
100% Employment rate for students of the Nursing & Health Science Programs
CWC-Jackson has been partnering with community non-profits, schools and businesses to serve more students, increase skilled workers and advance our shared community goals. Results shown above are from the past ten years alone!
The expanded CWC-Jackson Center will be a boon for local residents, businesses and organizations, helping the diverse population of Teton County pursue their dreams while reinforcing community priorities.
The use of SPET funds for the new center will:
- Provide more classrooms, labs, oﬃces and a commercial kitchen
- Allow CWC-Jackson to service an additional 200+ students
- Meet the needs of a growing International (including Hispanic) population through extended ESL programs, College Readiness and career pathways
- Expand Culinary, Hospitality, Business & Entrepreneurship oﬀerings
- Diversify Health & Wellness programs including Dental Assistant, Radiology Technician, Massage & Alternative Medicine
- Oﬀer Certiﬁcates in Sustainability & Green Construction
- Bolster Science and STEM Programming & Undergraduate Research
- Increase Outdoor Certiﬁcations
- Grow Computer Programming Courses in 3-D Design, Robotics & New Media
- Expand the Workforce Development Department to quickly respond to community/business needs
- Accelerate graduation rates, resulting in higher completion
- Give CWC-Jackson the ability to create new programs as demanded by a changing local economy
CWC Jackson Center Campus Site Plan off High School Road
CWC-Jackson is a smart investment
An investment in CWC-Jackson is one that will benefit our community for decades to come. It is an investment not just in Teton County students, but in the community as a whole.
For every $1 that students pay for their education at CWC, they can expect $4.80 in higher future earnings. What’s more, a two-year degree will increase an individual’s earning potential to an additional $1 million over their lifetime. The overall ROI for Community College is 400% for students.
For every tax dollar spent on educating students at CWC, taxpayers will receive an average of $1.30 in return over the course of the students’ working lives. In other words, taxpayers enjoy an annual rate of return of 3.2%.
For every dollar invested in an education from CWC, an average of $4.50 in social beneﬁt will accrue to Teton County and Wyoming over the course of the students’ careers in the form of reduced crime, lower welfare and unemployment, and increased health and well-being.