The Voice of the Students
Student Senator's are connected, involved current students who are leaders in our community, spanning a wide variety of academic focuses and co-curricular interests and are passionate about student life.
Serving as a senator on the CWC Student Senate is a unique experience that will provide you the opportunity to serve your fellow students, the ability to improve the college experience, provide valuable input to campus-wide changes, and be a member of a great team. The work you do in the Senate will be rewarding and you will make a difference for students at Central Wyoming College.
The purpose of the Senate is to promote an active student government, better relationships among the student body, and to provide an avenue by which student needs and desires are transmitted to the administration, as well as provide educational and non-academic entertainment for students. In general, the Senate sets all policies governing student body activities.
Student Senators maintain a presence on campus and should be comfortable responding to inquiries, questions, and discussions as directed by the Digital Content Manager (i.e. hashtags, branded pages, incoming student groups).
Work with the CWC Faculty and Staff to provide and coordinate student activities.
Give official campus recognition to newly organized clubs, and to approve their constitutions.
Process national affiliation requests for on-campus clubs.
Disburse funds to organizations recognized and approved as CWC student clubs, or to other individuals or groups of individuals, for approved activities.
To approve on-campus fundraising activities for student clubs.
To recommend administrative action on policies concerning the general welfare of CWC.
- Represent students to provide an avenue by which student needs and desires are transmitted to the administration, as well as provide educational and non-educational entertainment for students. In general, the Senate sets all policies governing student body activities.
As a student senator, you agree to:
- Professionalism: Act as a responsible representative of CWC in your contributions to content on social media and in CWC sponsored events.
- Participate: Participation is required and needed at meetings and events. Do their best to attend all events and activities sponsored by the senate. Be on time and ready to work.
- Fulfilment of Duties: As a senator, you will have specific duties that you will need to fulfill.
- Be a voice of the College and drive engagement on campus.
- Professional Development:
- Resume-building experience that can be shared with employers.
- Opportunity to establish and/or further develop student life.
- Recommendation letter upon request.
• Students must carry a minimum of twelve semester hours and have a cumulative grade point average of not less than 3.0.
• An application, resume and a typewritten letter indicating a student’s interest in running for the Student Senate must be turned in, as directed, to the Center for Student Involvement Office (MH 101A).
• Campaigning can begin after the applicant has submitted his/her application materials.
• There are no restrictions on campaigning, except on Election Day when Senate candidates will not be permitted to campaign within fifty feet of the ballot box.
Applications are closed for the 2019-2020 academic year.