A counselor can help students examine goals, interests, and values as they relate to the choice of a career.
Whether you are just beginning your studies at Central Wyoming College or preparing to graduate, career counselors will help you in your job search and at every step in your career development. They will help you identify work-related values and interests, as well as assess your unique skills.
Your career counselor is a partner in refining your career plans and guiding you through the decision-making process to set and achieve realistic career goals.
- Identifying skills, interests, values, and strengths
- Researching majors, industries, and career fields
- Developing effective tools for your job search
- Professional resume
- Focused cover letter
- Interviewing techniques
- Networking strategies
- Finding internships
- Offer negotiation
- Creating a successful job search plan
- Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator (MBTI) – Assesses the career areas that match your distinctive personality.
- Strong Interest Inventory (Strong) – Uncovers possible career fields based on your interests and helps guide you to appropriate majors.
Resources to help with your job search!
FREE employer services include:
- Posting jobs on CWC College Central
- On-campus recruiting
- Job shadowing
- Informational interviews
- Panel discussions
- Mock interviews