Social Media Ambassador
The Social Media Ambassadors provide key insights into life at Central and tell true CWC stories—appreciated by the entire community.
Social Media Ambassadors are connected, involved current students who are leaders in our community, spanning a wide variety of academic focuses and co-curricular interests, and are passionate about social media.
All Social Media Ambassadors must be active advocates for the institution through college-branded social media accounts. Ambassadors must act professionally, keeping in mind that they are representatives of the College (e.g. appropriate language, pictures, videos, etc.). Ambassadors are required to abide by Central Wyoming College policies as outlined in the CWC Social Media Policy Student Handbooks. We reserve the right to replace any students who are unable to comply.
This is a voluntary, resume-building position.
Questions? Contact Amara at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Media Ambassadors maintain a presence on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat and should be comfortable responding to inquiries, questions, and discussions as directed by the Digital Content Manager (i.e. hashtags, branded pages, incoming student groups).
Contribute to the CWC accounts on the following platforms:
Ambassadors will regularly create content as it pertains to campus events and student life. This can include class, studying, dorm life, attending events around campus, hanging out with friends, school trips (immersions, service trips, study abroad, etc.), adventures, milestones in your student career, and the list goes on!
Required to attend a one-on-one meeting with Digital Content Manager once a month and a group meeting once a month.
As a social-media ambassador, you agree to:
- Act as a responsible representative of CWC in your contributions to content.
- Post on a regular basis (3 times a week) in reference to the social media calendar.
- Post original content and never use images that you didn’t take yourself or by the marketing department.
- Regularly post to social media accounts about student life.
- This can include class, studying, dorm life, attending events around campus, hanging out with friends, school trips (immersions, service trips, study abroad, etc.), adventures, milestones in your student career, and the list goes on!
- Include #CWCLife or #RustlerPride in your posts
- Engage with other #CWCLife or #RustlerPride posts
- Attend a monthly one-on-one meeting and group meeting with the Digital Content Manager.
- Follow the official Central Wyoming College social media channels on your personal accounts.
- Stay up to date on information as you will get sneak peeks at up coming announcements and campaigns
- Share great stories about the positive changes CWC has had on your life
- Be a voice of the College and drive engagement amongst online audiences.
- Create a digital relationship with fellow students to help with retention.
- Professional Development:
- Resume-building experience that can be shared with employers.
- Opportunity to establish and/or further develop online personal brand.
- Recommendation letter upon request.
- Exposure to social media brand strategy and new platforms through practice and training.
How Do I Apply?
Please fill out the application by clicking the orange button in the upper right-hand corner.