In this course, participants will develop a plan for starting a new business idea or growing an existing business. Participants will examine how their own leadership style and behaviors influence success. Participants will construct financial models and develop plans that include identifying customer needs, examining competition, creating financial forecasts, marketing, and a simplified business plan.
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to quickly and clearly articulate the core concepts of their business (what problem do you solve, who is your core customer, how will you make money).
This course is part of the CWC Bachelor of Applied Science degree and will be a 4 credit offering for those taking it for credit.
Session 1 - Zoom
Friday, May 15 - 5 pm to 8 pm
Saturday, May 16 - 9 am to 5 pm
Sunday, May 17 - 9 am to 1 pm
Session 2 - Zoom
Wednesday, May 20 – 5:30 pm to 8 pm
Session 3 - Zoom
Wednesday, May 27 – 5:30 pm to 8 pm
Session 4 - Zoom
Wednesday, June 3 – 5:30 pm to 8 pm
Session 5 - Zoom
Wednesday, June 10 – 5:30 pm to 8 pm
Session 6 - In-Person or Zoom
Friday, June 12 - 5 pm to 8 pm
Saturday, June 13 - 9 am to 5 pm
Sunday, June 14 - 9 am to 1 pm
- Identification and Communication of Business Vision and Values
- Identification of Personal Values and Skillset
- Concept Brand Development
- Competitive Positioning
- Financial Pro Forma
- Decision Making
- Business Plan Development
- Leadership Skills
In order to successfully complete this course, the participant will:
- Analyze how leadership styles impact the business concept.
- Research customer needs to clarify target markets utilizing quantitative and qualitative data.
- Conduct a competitive analysis.
- Analyze the viability of a new venture or idea.
- Evaluate the competitive positioning of their product or service in the industry.
- Summarize various decision-making models and tools.
- Critique new venture financing options.
- Create a framework for a business plan.
Regularly $995 in-state. DUE TO CURRENT ECONOMIC CONDITIONS, CWC WILL BE DISCOUNTING THIS SPRING 2020 COURSE to $584 for WY residents and $780 for residents of Idaho, Montana and other Western states. Wyoming Workforce Training grants will apply for qualified existing Wyoming businesses. (Must apply by April 14)
- Apply to CWC (if you have not already done so) at cwc.edu
- Contact CWC to register for the class through our advisors:
Riverton Advisor, 307-855-2270
Jackson Advisor, 307-733-7425
Meet Your Course Instructors