Career and Major Exploration
It is never too early to start exploring majors or careers! Do not leave your future to chance. The CWC Career Services office can help you learn the skills you need to create a professional cover letter and resume, improve networking strategies, and refine your interviewing skills.
Career Advising…What to expect from your individual session
Whether you are just beginning your studies at Central Wyoming College or preparing to graduate, our career professionals can assist you in your job search and in your career development. They can assist you in identifying your work-related values and interests, as well as assess your unique skills. Plan on 30 to 60 minutes for your session (to be determined in advance) and they can take place in person, by phone, or via ZOOM. Your career professional is a partner who can help you in refining your career plans and guide you through the decision-making process to set and achieve realistic career goals. Our expectation is that you are an engaged and active participant in your voyage to find career enlightenment. We will not and cannot make decisions for you; only you can do this. We will answer your questions to the best of our ability, refer you to resources, and be happy to make follow up appointments as needed.
To make an appointment, please contact: Angel Jahnke, Career Services Coordinator, email@example.com 307-855-2247
Career Advising…Session topics
- Career Assessment (Career Coach)…identifying skills, interests, values, and strengths
- Researching majors, industries, and career fields
- Developing effective tools for your job search
- Focused cover letter
- Professional resume
- Interviewing techniques
- Networking strategies
- Creating a successful job search plan
- Finding experiential learning opportunities (mentorships/informational interviewing, job shadowing, or internships)
Career Advising Sessions…What we cannot do
- Career Advisors cannot write your cover letters or resumes for you. It is your responsibility to bring in drafts of both documents. We are happy to provide constructive feedback and will note corrections/edits that should be made.
- Career Advisors cannot make decisions for you on your behalf. You must make your own decisions. We are here to provide you with the necessary career service tools, skillsets, and information to help you, so you can make positive and effective decisions based on your unique circumstances. Our role is to be transformational, providing you with the necessary skills that you’ll need for current and future employment opportunities.
- Career Advisors cannot place you in a job. We are here to facilitate and help you navigate your employment search. We will share with you all of our knowledge and insight about employers we work with and those who we know are hiring. We are happy to refer students to prospective employers and refer employers to students. We want to put you in the best position to be hired, but we cannot guarantee employment.
- Career Advisors are not Success Coaches. Course registrations, course curriculums, grades, or credit hours should be discussed with your CWC Success Coach/advisor, your major department, or the CWC Registrar’s office.
Additional Career Services Pages
Meet Your Career Services Team
Troy is the Career Services Director and Cross-Agency Coordinator at Central Wyoming College
Natasha is here to help students and alumni build connections in the community
Angel is here to help answer any questions you have about our career services