Annual Halls of Horror Canceled this Year
October 9, 2020
The annual Halls of Horror has been canceled this year. The event was set to take place Oct. 23-24 at the Central Wyoming College Robert A. Peck Arts Center.
The event, which has been hosted by the Entrada club the last three years, has been a staple in the community. The community has enjoyed the Halloween event for the last seven years. The club which only has two members this year made the decision earlier this month to cancel the event.
“We are deeply saddened to cancel this event,” said Laura Phagan, club advisor. “This is one of our favorite events and one of our most successful events. We truly enjoy hosting it for the community but we also need to keep our students and the community safe.”
The decision was made due to the continuous rise in cases of COVID-19. The club tried to find ways to host the event with the guidelines set by the Wyoming Department of Health and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
“We brainstormed many different ideas to run the event, from keeping people distanced in the building to hosting the event outside,” Phagan said.
Ultimately the club decided the safest option was to cancel the event. With only two club members and not enough resources the club decided this was the best option.
Our hopes are to host a spookier event next year. This will give us a full year to plan next year's event. ”
Laura Phagan, Entrada club advisor
The club said they have appreciated the community's support throughout the last several years and they hope to continue to host community events in the future.