The SHRM Essentials® of HR Management is an introductory course offering a complete overview of human resource roles and responsibilities. If you are just starting out in the profession, or are looking for an effective way to boost your employee management skills, this is the program for you!
This course can provide exceptional benefits because it:
- Reduces company's risk of potential high-cost litigation.
- Promotes a consistent understanding of the HR function to non-HR management.
- Offers professional development for divisional or departmental supervisors to ensure HR compliance.
- Develops a common dictionary of HR terms for the entire organization.
- Covers real-life HR issues and current, vital topics including: employment law; selecting qualified employees; compensation; orientation and training; and the performance management process.
The blended learning experience combines print and online tools with the benefits of an instructor-led class. By attending our course, you'll benefit from:
- The shared experiences of your instructor and peers along with networking opportunities.
- Interactive case studies designed to make you feel comfortable dealing with HR issues.
- Earning up to 12.5 PHR/SPHR/GPHR recertification credits and a certificate upon completion.
Register Today for Upcoming Classes. Don't Miss Out!
“This is must training for all new folks to the human resource function. Not only do you learn the fundamentals of HR but you also get to learn from your peers the challenges they face. Very good chance you’ll have a different perspective and understanding of the human resource function within your organization.” Peter Frank, Director of Finance
Course: SHRM Essentials of HR Management
Dates: April 11-12
Time: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Location: Professional Technical Center Room 106
Contact: Lori Ridgway