- Sinks Canyon State Park, home of the "sinks" and the "rise" of the Middle Fork River.
- World-famous rock climbing in Sinks Canyon and throughout the Wind River Mountains.
- Museum of the American West
- Childrens Museum
- Backpacking and hiking in the Shoshone Wilderness.
- Horseback riding with private operators and on local dude ranches.
- Historic Western sites including gold-rush towns like Atlantic City and South Pass City, and South Pass on the Oregon Trail, traversed by nearly 400,000 wagons in the late 1800s.
- Amazing and beautiful geology of Red Canyon and other locations.
- The Wind River Indian Reservation, home of numerous pow wows and other celebrations during the summer.
- Cross-country skiing in season, with alpine sports available a few hours away in Jackson Hole and Pinedale.
You can find more information about local attractions and events at the following sites: