This checklist is designed to assist students in admission through graduation. If you have questions about any of the requirements, please contact the Admissions (307) 855-2119 or Registration and Records Office (307) 855-2115. International Students should go here.To assist you in locating the appropriate office, find the item number with the map key located on the back page.

1. APPLY - Complete an application for Central Wyoming College. Apply online or visit the Admissions Office in Administration Wing (AW106)


Students may request a campus tour online or contact the Admission Office at (307) 855-2119 or toll free (800) 865-0193.

2. TRANSCRIPTS - "Official" transcripts from your high school, GED provider, and any previously attended college must be sent to:

Central Wyoming College
Registration & Records
2660 Peck Ave
Riverton, WY 82501

If you previously attended another college or university and completed a course that is a prerequisite for a CWC course and/or are applying for Federal Financial Aid, you will need to ensure a transcript/transfer evaluation is completed. 

3. FINANCIAL AID - Apply for Scholarships and/or Financial Aid.

Scholarship application period is November 1-March 1

Scholarship deadline is March 1

Scholarships: CWC is committed to recognizing academic and activity related achievement by offering more than $500,000 annually in merit scholarships. Eligibility requirements for these scholarships vary.

April 15 is the priority FAFSA deadline.

Federal Grants/Loans/Work-study Programs: To determine if there is need for assistance, CWC uses the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, which takes into consideration the factors affecting a family's financial status.

"Official" transcripts from your high school or GED provider are required from all students applying for financial aid.

Students who fail to complete the financial aid process prior to the beginning of classes should plan to bring sufficient funds to cover tuition, fees, books and supplies, as well as living expenses for one month.

For more information go to the Financial Aid page or contact the Financial Aid Office at (307) 855-2274 or toll free at (800) 865-0195. The Financial Aid Office is located in the Main Hall at (MH103).

Student Employment – Apply online or visit the Human Resource office located in the Administration Wing at (AW100).

4. LIVING ON CAMPUS - Complete an application for CWC campus housing and meal plan.

You may apply online.
Housing deposit is $100 and must be paid in advance of arrival. Submit payment to the CWC Business Office located in the Administration Wing (AW152 ) or online.

All Mote Hall and Residence Hall residents are required to participate in the Full Meal Plan. All East or West Apartment residents are required to participate in an Apartment Meal Plan.

Students may check into housing approximately one week prior to the term start date.

For more information contact the Housing Manager at (307) 855-2210 or visit the Housing Office in the Residence Hall.

5. PLACEMENT TESTING - Complete testing requirements.

If the official copy of your high school transcript does not contain ACT/SAT® scores, you must schedule an appointment to take the COMPASS™ test. (Computerized Adaptive Placement Assessment and Support System)

The COMPASS™ test is administered continuously throughout the semester. For more information, please contact the Testing Center located in CWC's Main Hall (inside the library) - call (307) 855-2298 or visit the Testing Center Web site. 


6. NEW STUDENT ADVISING - Complete New Student Advising.

Required for all new, degree-seeking students, New Student Advising sessions allow you to meet with a general academic advisor and register for classes. If you previously attended another college or university and completed a course that is a prerequisite for a CWC course and/or are applying for Federal Financial Aid, you will need to ensure a transcript/transfer evaluation is completed. To do this, send your official transcripts to the Registration and Records office, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton, WY 82501.

Please call to schedule a time for New Student Advising:

Central Wyoming College - Advising Office - Riverton (307-855-2124)

Dubois Outreach Office (307-455-2625)

Jackson Outreach Office (307-733-7425)

Lander Outreach Office (307-332-3394)

7. NURSING PROGRAM - Interested in the field of nursing?
The nursing program application deadline is March 1 of each year and all admission requirements must be met prior to that time.  Students interested in the nursing program must complete the CWC Admissions Application online  and the Nursing Admission Application available  Students must take the TEAS® test as part of the application process. Scheduling information can be found here , or you can call the Nursing office for more information  Students wishing an evaluation of collegiate work for transfer credit must request official transcripts from institutions previously attended to be sent directly to the Records office at CWC.  All applicants must complete the scholarship
application prior to March 1 in order to be considered for nursing private donor scholarship awards in the event you are selected for admission to the program. For more information, contact the Assistant Director of Nursing at (307) 855-2226 or visit the Nursing office located in the Health and Science Center.
8. RETURNING STUDENT ADVISEMENT - Meet with your Faculty Advisor.

Recommended for all returning, degree seeking students.

Helps you plan for upcoming semesters and successfully stay on the path to graduation.

9. DISABILITY SERVICES & ACCOMMODATIONS - Request services for students with disabilities.

You must provide documentation of disability.

To schedule an appointment, request forms or additional information:

CWC Disability Services Office: (307) 855-2011

CWC Student Support Services: (307) 855-2228
CWC Student Services: (307) 855-2187
Toll Free 800-735-8418, ext. 2011, 2228 or 2187
Obtain a copy of the Disability Handbook
• The Disability Services Office is located in Main Hall (MH123E).

10. PAYMENT - Pay all of your tuition and fees or ensure your financial aid is in place covering the expenses for your semester.

All students must submit payment or have confirmed pending Financial Aid by the Friday prior to the term start date.

If your Financial Aid has not been confirmed and/or you are unable to make payment in full, you may set up a payment plan with the Business Office – (AW150 ) (307) 855-2156.

Payment may be made online by logging onto to myCentral/myAdvisor/Student access or at the Business Office Cashier Window, Administration Wing (AW152).

Students who fail to complete the financial aid process prior to the beginning of classes should plan to bring sufficient funds to cover tuition, fees, books and supplies, as well as living expenses for one month.

STUDENT ID - Obtain your Student ID.

Your Student ID is required for picking up financial disbursement checks, checking out books from the library, purchasing meals, accessing the fitness center and utilizing many student resources.

To get your ID, an authorization form from the Business Office Cashier (AW152), is required.

Student IDs are obtained from the Student Activities Office, Student Center (MH 107) (307) 855-2260.

12. TEXTBOOKS - Purchase your textbooks.

Textbooks may be purchased at the CWC Book Store located in the Student Center on the main campus.

The Book Store accepts all major credit cards, pending Financial Aid, checks and cash.

Textbooks are not sold at outreach centers.

Textbooks may also be ordered online via ISBN and textbook information can also be found at this site online

For more information contact the CWC Book Store at (307) 855-2201 or visit the store located on the main CWC campus, Student Center building, (SC108).

TRANSPORTATION - Local transportation options.

Wind River Transportation Authority [WRTA] – Provides bus service from some areas of the county, free to CWC students with a CWC Student ID. The fee is only waived when CWC is the origination or destination of the bus. Buses run between Fort Washakie, Lander and Riverton. Call (307) 856-7118 for an updated schedule or go to the WRTA web page.

Riverton Public Transportation – (307) 856-3546

Riverton Senior Citizens Center – (307) 856-6332

Lander Senior Citizens Center – (307) 332-2746

ATTENDANCE - Go to Class.

Attendance is strongly encouraged in order to pass class. Know your instructor's attendance policy. This may be different for each class you take. Stay in contact with your instructors if you must miss class. Attendance and/or active participation in online classes is required for continued Financial Aid eligibility.

15. TUTORING & COMPUTER LABS - Need help with your classes?

Tutoring is available on a walk-in basis with no appointment necessary. See schedule of current tutors, subjects tutored, and hours of available service for the current semester in the Student Success Center, Main Hall (MH123).

Visit the Individual Peer Tutoring web page. For more information on tutoring call: (307) 855-2117 or 800-735-8418, ext. 2117.

Smarthinking is an online tutoring service available free of charge to CWC students, provided through a partnership between Central Wyoming College and the Wyoming Community College Commission. Contact Jackie Meeker for additional information (307) 855-2039. Various computer labs are available for student use. This includes labs located in CWC Student Housing, Main Hall CAL Lab, Main Hall Library, and outreach centers

16. COUNSELING - Helping you meet your goals.

Services include career counseling and assessment, academic skills development, mental health assessments and personal counseling Visit the Counseling web page.

The Counselor's Office is located in Main Hall (MH123F ) (307) 855-2175

17. EQUINE STUDIES - Boarding a horse?

Boarding fees are $450 per semester and are to be paid prior to horses being brought to the facility. Horse check-in corresponds with student housing check-in. Contact the Equine Center for full information, (307) 855-2287.

18. GRADUATION - Continued Student Advising.

Meet with your Faculty Advisor to ensure you are meeting all program requirements

Apply online to graduate. Make an appointment for a Graduation Exit Interview with Martha Davey at (307) 855-2235.

Submit a program evaluation, signed by your Faculty Advisor & appropriate Dean, to Registration & Records. There are no additional fees for your graduation regalia or to participate in the commencement ceremony

19. TRANSFER PROGRAM - Do you need help transferring to another college/university after CWC?

Meet with the Student Support Services-Education/Transfer Specialist for support and assistance in your transfer located in Main Hall (MH123A), (307) 855-2169.

20. CAREER EXPLORATION - Where will your CWC degree take you?

The Career Services Office can provide access to interest inventories and other career exploration tools, as well as assistance with resumes, cover letters, and other job application assistance. Go to register for the CWC online student/alumni employment service, or check the job boards on campus for employment information. The Career Services Office is located in Main Hall, (MH123F) (307) 855-2175



And Remember



Consistent with its mission to value diversity and to treat all individuals with dignity and respect, Central Wyoming College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its educational program services or activities. The college makes reasonable accommodations to serve students with special needs and offers services to students who have the ability to benefit.
©2010 Central Wyoming College - All Rights Reserved