The Central Wyoming College test center's primary mission is to support excellence in CWC's academic programs through the diligent administration of placement testing for CWC programs, make-up exams for students in CWC classes, and some accommodated testing for students with disabilities.
Additionally, as a public service, the test center contracts with several testing companies to offer certification exams and other tests through their testing systems. CWC also has informal reciprocal agreements with a number of other colleges and universities to administer tests for their students.
At the Central Wyoming College Testing Center, there are eight workstations for computerized, paper-pencil or online exams, though larger groups can be accommodated with advance notice. Each test is proctored in a quiet, secure environment.
Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (No tests begin after 4 p.m.)
Additional hours by appointment (typically between 5 and 8 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday)
The test center is closed when the CWC campus is closed, for certain campus wide events, and for departmental meetings.
The Testing Center is located in CWC's Main Hall, inside the library
and is open to CWC staff, students and the public.. Need directions? It's easy to get here.
Limited testing services are also available at CWC Outreach Centers in Lander and Jackson.
Tests Compass placement tests
- Compass tests allow unlimited time.
Testers should allow at least 1.5 hours to complete all three sections: English grammar, math and reading comprehension.
- The first test is free for CWC applicants and students, $10 for all retakes
- CWC allows a maximum of three retakes of each section per semester
- Appointments are appreciated
- Resources for preparing for Compass
- Visit the official Compass web site
- Secure exam proctoring for other institutions
- $15 per test, by appointment
- CWC partners with PAN, Pearson Vue, ASE and ATI
- By appointment
CLEP (College-Level Examination Program)
- College board exams for credit in 25 subjects
- CWC CLEP Policy
- $95 total, $80 to CLEP and $15 to CWC
- Hours: Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 to 5 p.m. (No tests begin after 3:30 p.m.)
- Visit the official CLEP web site
- Prepare for CLEP with Learning Express Library. Requires logging in with your CWC account, creating a Learning Express Library account, and searching for "CLEP."
- Applied math, reading for information, locating information exams (for Hathaway scholarship option 3) are offered
- $48 for the three-test series
- Visit the official WorkKeys web site
- CWC coordinates the administration of ACT, LSAT and Praxis exams.
Wyoming Constitution exam
- Used to satisfy the Wyoming portion of Constitutional General Education requirement
- Print form with instructions
- Cost is equivalent to one credit tuition rate without fees
Internal CWC exams
- Instructor approval form required
- No fee
- Appointments are highly encouraged to guarantee availability
Special accommodations available
The testing center works closely with the disabilities officer to provide accommodations when necessary. Contact us for more information.