| || |
Steps to starting your research
Need help? Questions? Librarians are here for you! Call us (307) 855-2141 or email us.
General Research Tips
• How to Write a Research Paper 12-page .pdf by Encyclopedia Brittanica. Goes through the process step-by-step and includes links to other resources.
• Research and Documentation Online by Diana Hacker and Barbara Fister of Gustavus Adolphus College. Contains information on evaluating sources, where to start research for different disciplines, and citation information.
• How to do research 53-minute video of a recorded workshop presented at CWC.
• Many research resources collected in our Subject Guides
Choosing a Topic
• Simple step-by-step instructions on choosing a topic and identifying key words by the University of California-Santa Cruz
• Using One Search 3.5-minute video by the CWC library
• Databases 101 Interactive video by Northern Wyoming Community College District
• YouTube video on database searching by DianeLibrarian (9.5 minutes).
• How to use the WyldCat Library Catalog-- videos:
• Critical Evaluation of Information Sources by the University of Oregon Libraries.
• Checklist for Evaluating Web Pages .PDF by the University of South Carolina Library
• Scholarly Vs Popular Periodicals: What is the Difference? Video courtesy of Northwest College
• What is a Citation -- Giving credit where credit is due 14 min. video by Northwest College
• Citations and Bibliographies: What, Why, When and How 45-minute video of a recorded workshop presented at CWC.
This library is a congressionally designated depository for U.S. Government documents. Public access to the Government documents collection is guaranteed by public law. (Title 44 United States Code)
Wyoming Union List of Periodicals (WULP)
EPA proposed permit to Chemtrade Logistics on the Wind River Indian Reservation (public comment period 6/26/15 - 7/27/15)