| || |
Steps to starting your research
Need help? Questions? Librarians are here for you! Call us (307) 855-2141 or email us.
General Research Tips
• How to Write a Research Paper 12-page .pdf by Encyclopedia Brittanica. Goes through the process step-by-step and includes links to other resources.
• Research and Documentation Online by Diana Hacker and Barbara Fister of Gustavus Adolphus College. Contains information on evaluating sources, where to start research for different disciplines, and citation information.
• How to do research 53-minute video of a recorded workshop presented at CWC.
• Many research resources collected in our Subject Guides
Choosing a Topic
• Simple step-by-step instructions on choosing a topic and identifying key words by the University of California-Santa Cruz
• Using One Search 3.5-minute video by the CWC library
• Databases 101 Interactive video by Northern Wyoming Community College District
• YouTube video on database searching by DianeLibrarian (9.5 minutes).
• How to use the WyldCat Library Catalog-- videos:
• Critical Evaluation of Information Sources by the University of Oregon Libraries.
• Checklist for Evaluating Web Pages .PDF by the University of South Carolina Library
• Scholarly Vs Popular Periodicals: What is the Difference? Video courtesy of Northwest College
• What is a Citation -- Giving credit where credit is due 14 min. video by Northwest College
• Citations and Bibliographies: What, Why, When and How 45-minute video of a recorded workshop presented at CWC.
This library is a congressionally designated depository for U.S. Government documents. Public access to the Government documents collection is guaranteed by public law. (Title 44 United States Code)
Wyoming Union List of Periodicals (WULP)