Do you have housing?
Central Wyoming College Jackson currently does not have student housing. We are exploring student housing options; it is one of the top priorities of the Jackson campus. 

Where can I live?

Do credits from CWC Jackson transfer?

How much do college classes cost?

Is financial aid available for CWC Jackson students?

  • Yes!
  • Contact the Financial Aid office located on the main campus in Riverton to find out more. 

How does my student apply for scholarships?

CWC is committed to recognizing academic and activity related achievements by offering more than $700,000 annually in merit scholarships. Eligibility requirements for these scholarships vary. See the Scholarship page for more information: https://www.cwc.edu/web/financial-aid/scholarships

To receive full consideration for general scholarships, your student's admission materials must be on file with Central Wyoming College.


The Financial Aid Office has more information about specific programs and applying for financial aid, but it is a highly recommended that every student fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), regardless of how they will be paying for school – you just never know when they may be able to receive financial assistance, and since it takes 4-6 weeks to process a FAFSA, that time can be critical, so having one already completed saves a lot of time and may indicate the availability of extra financial assistance to your student.

Where can I get a test proctored?

  • We offer test proctoring right here in Jackson.
  • Check out our testing page for more information.

What classes are offered?

Check out this link

When are classes offered?

  • Classes are offered at various times throughout the day.
  • Online courses are also offered which provide greater flexibility in scheduling.
  • Check the current course schedule to find meeting days and times of current course offerings.

Do I need my high school transcripts to apply?

Yes, you need to have your high school transcripts mailed to:
Central Wyoming College
Registration & Records
2660 Peck Ave.
Riverton WY 82501

What if I don't have my high school transcripts?

If you don't have high school transcripts because you were home schooled or earned a GED, you may still apply to attend CWC. You will be required to take a Compass Placement Test.

Do I need to take an entrance exam?

If you have your recent ACT scores mailed to CWC's Registration & Records Office, or if you are a returning college student, you will not need to take a placement test. If you do not have recent ACT scores, you will need to take the Compass Placement Test.

Are CWC distance courses accredited?

Yes. All CWC credit distance classes are accredited through North Central Association. They are fully equivalent to on-campus courses.

Are distance courses easier than traditional face-to-face classes?

Distance courses are often more challenging than traditional face-to-face classes. This is because distance learning students need to be self-motivated and have good study skills. Courses require active participation through frequent online and telephonic communication with instructors and other students; these courses are best suited for people who can manage their own time and take responsibility for their own education. Take our quiz to see if you have the skills necessary to be successful in a distance course.

Can I start a course at any time?

No, CWC distance courses are offered at specific times during the fall, spring, and summer semesters. You will be expected to follow each course's schedule as outlined in schedule of courses for each semester, and the course syllabus.

Can I use financial aid with these courses?

Yes. Students taking courses through Central Wyoming College may be eligible for financial aid. To determine if you are eligible, you should contact the financial aid office at CWC. Students are typically entitled to the same level of financial regardless of their status as an on campus or distance student.

Do I need to visit the campus?

Typically you will not need to come to the main CWC campus to access and complete your distance course. In most cases, all class requirements may be met at a distance. Depending on the course, you may need to come to campus to attend a mandatory orientation session, participate in a lab component and / or take tests. Contact the instructor for details as this will vary from course to course. However, as a general rule you are able to fully participate in most distance classes without setting foot on the CWC campus. Please remember that as a distance student you are an important part of this college and are always welcome.

How do I get to my online course?

After you have registered for your course, you can access this course in one of two ways. The first way is by logging in to your course through Angel via myCentral. If you are registered for an online course, you will receive instructions in the mail. It is recommended that you access your course within the first couple of days of its start date. Courses are available the first day of the semester and you will need your user name and password to access the course.

How do I register for courses?

You register for distance courses just as you would register for on-campus courses. You need not come to campus or the outreach centers to register.

How do online courses work?

All you need is a computer, a modem, and an Internet Service Provider. From the Getting Started page we provide you with instructions for logging on to our system. Once you are logged on, the courses you registered for are available. Within each course you may find a course syllabus, course content, communication tools, and/or tests. Your instructor will communicate with you via email to supply assignments and due dates.

Are Internet classes the same as "regular" classes?

Internet classes do cover the same material as the same class delivered via another method and are often taught by the same instructor that teaches live classes on-campus.

How do I enroll in a non-credit class?

Call us at 733-7425 to register with the Jackson Office.


240 S Glenwood, 

Suite 124

P.O. Box 4795, 

Jackson, WY 83001

Located in the Center for the Arts

Email: Jackson Campus

Phone: 307.733.7425

Fax: 1.800.863.7170


Follow us on Facebook





Consistent with its mission to value diversity and to treat all individuals with dignity and respect, Central Wyoming College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its educational program services or activities. The college makes reasonable accommodations to serve students with special needs and offers services to students who have the ability to benefit.
©2010 Central Wyoming College - All Rights Reserved