Senior year is when everything comes together–
- Continue to Monitor Academic Progress– students may think their senior grades aren’t important however your high school transcripts are sent to the college you plan to attend.
- Set up a Calendar for the year– record test dates, application deadlines, and college visitation days.
- Sign up for the ACT/SAT if you have not taken the test or you want to improve your scores!
- Complete College Applications in the fall- make sure they are completed correctly, provide information for recommendations; send them in before the deadlines.
- Complete Financial Aid and Scholarship application forms– if you are applying for financial aid make sure to complete your FAFSA forms.
- Make the Decision– once you have chosen which college you are attending complete the necessary forms. (***Do not choose a college before making a college visit!)
Visit with Gear Up staff about college prep!!!
At many colleges, freshmen are required to take a math placement test before they register for classes. Students who haven’t taken math as a senior are much more likely to have difficulty with this test.