Money Network Financial Aid/ID Card
This semester you will be issued a Money Network card that will serve as your CWC Rusty ID card as well as a Discover Money Network Debit card in which all your financial aid disbursements will be appiled. Please note that if you have a current student ID you will need to go to the Center for Student Involvement (MH 107) for a new ID/Money Network Discover Card. All distance education students with financial aid will need to contact Center for Student Involvement at (307)855-2260 or 1-800-865-0194 for further information about obtaining a new ID.
Activation of Your Card
- Once youare issued your new Money Network Discover Rusty cardyou need to wait 24 hours and then go to https://www.moneynetworkedu.com. Click on "First Time Users: Register Now" under the sign in prompt. You will need to enter the 16-digit Money Network Account number on the front of your Rusty Card and the expiration date. Click "Enter".
- To verify your identity you will need to provide your name, address, student ID number, date of birth, and your cwc e-mail address (If you don't remember your student ID number or e-mail contact the financial aid office 8AM-5PM M-F at 307-855-2274).
- Follow the prompts to select your funding option. You can choose to either have your Money Network Enabled Discover Central Wyoming Rusty Card activated which would give you access to your financial aid through your card on your set disbursement date. The other option would be an ACH Transfer which would transfer your funding directly to your current bank account. Once you have your option selected click on "Continue".Keep in mind that if your bill exceeds your expected disbursement you won't have funding available.
- Read carefully through the Terms and Conditions. You must scroll down or you won't be able to accept these terms. Click "Accept" to continue.
- If you indicated you want your funding transmitted to your bank account you will be asked for your name, bank, bank routing number and account number. Once you have completed this step log out.
- Call 1-800-822-4283. Follow the system's prompts to create your 4-digit PIN which you will need to make PIN debit purchases, ATM withdrawals, and to access your Account online or when calling Customer Service.
Where/How to Use MyCard/ID
You can use your Money Network Discover Card at any merchant that accepts Discover cards. Please note that your card will have a shiny silver holographic magnetic strip for Discover purchases and a black magnetic strip used for housing access, bookstore or food court purchases.
| Signature Debit Purchase:|| PIN Debit Purchase:|
1. Swipe the Card at the cash register PIN pad.
|1. Swipe the Card at the cash register PIN pad.|
|2. Select "CREDIT"||2. Select "ATM/DEBIT" and enter 4-digit PIN.|
|3. Sign for purchase.||3. For cash back, select "CASH BACK".|
|4. No card transaction fee will apply.||4. No card transaction fee will apply.|
To avoid withdrawal and surcharge fees, you should look for In-Network ATM's with the Allpoint Logo. We have one Allpoint ATM here on campus located next to the food court in the Student Center. Local locations that have an Allpoint AMT are Loaf N Jug in Riverton, Loaf N Jug in Lander, Safeway in Lander and Loaf N Jug in Jackson. You can Google Allpoint ATM locations or download the Allpoint App on your smart phone for easy access to locations in your area. Note that your daily ATM withdrawal limit is $500.
Use Money Network Checks to pay bills or write yourself a check to access funds available in your Money Network account. Follow the following steps to write a check.
- Check your balance over the phone or online to ensure you have sufficient funds available.
- Write the date and the dollar amount on the Money Network Check (see example 1)
- Write a name where it says PAY TO THE ORDER OF. To pay a bill, write the company or person's name. To cash the check yourself, write your own name.
- Call the number on the back of your card (1-800-822-4283) to access your account.
- Select the MONEY NETWORK CHECK option.
- Use the keypad to:
- Enter the CHECK NUMBER and DIGIT (See example 1).
- Enter the amount you wrote on the Check without the decimal point and press "#" (See example 2- $41.35 would be entered as 4 1 3 5 #).
7. Write the ISSUER NUMBER and TRANSACTION NUMBER provided by the automated phone system (See Example 1). Your finished check should look similar to Example 2.
Please note that your finished check will be deducted immediately from your account. You can call customer service (1-800-822-4283) to request more checks. Walmart will cash Money Network checks for free up to $5,000. For more details on how to cancel a check, refer to the terms and conditions or contact customer service.
Track Your Balance
There are several ways to access your account balance for free.
• Online. View account balance by logging into your account at www.moneynetworkedu.com.
• Notifications set up online.
- Text Message Alerts: You can sign up to receive a balance notification text message to cell phone – sent daily or weekly.
- E-Mail Alerts: You can sign up to receive an e-mail balance notification daily or weekly to your CWC e-mail only.
The Money Network Mobile App.
o Create Username/password
o Set Security Balance
o See Transaction History
o Locate Free ATM's
o Locate Free Check Cashing Locations
o Set-up notifications for balance, Deposits, ATM withdrawals.
• By Phone. Call the Customer Service number, log in and select the option to hear the account balance.
• ATM. Check your balance at any Allpoint AMT.
If My Card Is Lost or Stolen
If you lose your card during regular business hours (8 a.m.-5 p.m.), contact the Center for Student Involvement for a replacement ID (MH 107, (307)855-2260) and call Money Network Customer Service (1-800-822-4283) within two days of losing your card. If you don't report your card lost or stolen within two days you may be liable for any fraudulent charges that may occur. There is a $15 replacement fee for your second ID and $25 replacement fee for replacements thereafter. Your Money Network account balance will be sent automatically from your lost or stolen card to your new card when you activate it.If you choose to upgrade your card for more features additional replacement fees may apply.