| || |
Welcome to the Central Wyoming College’s Sinks Canyon Center (SCC). In order to make the facility enjoyable for all who use it the following are regulations and procedures that shall be adhered by all that use the Sinks Canyon Center (SCC) facility.
Please check in with the Coordinator before you begin setting up for your event.
1. For our customer’s safety; fire arms and hunting of any kind are prohibited. Fishing is allowed in the Popo Agie River with Wyoming Fishing License.
2. Alcohol consumption is allowed only with prior approval of the CWC President.
NOTE: The sheriff’s department will be called to handle all intoxicated and/or disorderly people.
3. Pets must be leashed at all times, except while on the mountain trails. Pets are not allowed to stay over night at the center.
4. Smoking is allowed only around the outdoor fire ring or at designated smoking areas. During drought conditions, smoking and/or campfires may be prohibited. Conditions will dictate this use. Please properly dispose of cigarette butts.
5. Fireworks are banned year round.
6. In order to curb pesky rodents, food or beverages are not allowed in any building except Fremont Hall and the Orchard House.
7. Fires are only allowed with permission from the SCC administration. Fires are limited to the designated fire ring in the tent area. Fires must be extinguished fully with water before leaving the fire pit area. You are welcome to the wood provided in the wood box located east of the fire ring. Please do not remove limbs or branches from any of the trees.
8. Quiet hours are from 10 PM to 7 AM. All event activities other than lodging must end by 10 PM. Access hours to and from the SCC property will also be limited during quiet hours except for emergencies.
9. Parking is allowed only in designated paved parking areas or as designated by the SCC staff. SCC during large events. SCC will provide parking attendant(s) for groups over 50. Please contact the SCC staff for access to remote areas or equipment to move heavy and bulky items to camp or event sites. No parking along entrance road or fire lanes.
10. Potable water is available at all faucets except behind the Fremont Hall building. Do not drink from any of the hoses. Water out of the irrigation ditches and river is not safe to drink.
11. Please respect the Private Property of SCC neighbors. SCC is completely surrounded by private property with the exception of a small strip of State land on the Northern border. (Please refer to the trail map before hiking the property.)
12. Bag all trash. SCC will provide trash receptacles at Fremont Hall, the Cottonwoods restroom and the shower house. Trash bags can also be placed in the dumpster located just before the river bridge. Campers must make sure that the campsite area is policed before leaving. DO NOT overfill trash cans. Extra trash bags are available by request. Leave no trace/pick up grounds.
13. Due to the fragile condition of many apple and cottonwood trees, balance line and hammocks are not permitted.
· Other rules and regulations apply to those who book the facility and will be provided at the time of booking.
We hope that you enjoy your stay at the Central Wyoming College’s Sinks Canyon Center.