New Student Orientation
January 15-16: 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
January 17: 9 - 11 a.m.
Call today to make your appointment to register: 800-735-8418 ext. 2223, or 2270 or (307) 855-2223 or (307) 855-2270
New Student Orientation is your ticket to a great semester at CWC. Earn academic credit while you learn college survival skills. This is a great way to network, find your way around campus, and make new friendships that last a lifetime. Best of all, when classes begin— you're all settled and ready to start.
This class is an alternative to the five-week course offered during the semester. Please be prepared for 2 1/2 intensive days.
Before NSO starts:
- Register for classes if you haven't already!
- Take the Compass exam if you need to.
- New Student Orientation officially begins at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, January 15. Students should check in any time between 8 - 9 a.m.
- Weekend activities
- Classes start Tuesday, January 21.
A sample of the sessions offered, include:
- How Not to Act in Class
- How is College Different from High School?
- How Do You Learn Best?
- Help, Assistance, and Campus Resources
- Computer sessions to access your personal student information
- Fulfill your UNST requirement
How do I sign up for New Student Orientation?
Contact an advisor to sign up.
Can I bring anybody?
Students are welcome to bring up to two parent/family members on the morning of Wednesday, January 15.
Call Jason Harris, Academic Advising, 855-2270, or by Email.
Call Lisa, Academic Advising, 855-2223, or by Email.
To register for NSO you must have completed the following:
- Current application for admission.
- Up-to-date official transcripts (high school and college) sent to CWC Registration and Records Office.
- ACT/SAT or Compass test scores**.
At NSO, Discover what CWC has to help you succeed.
- Study skills
- Classroom/instructor expectations
- Instructional technologies
- Time management and stress management
- Student services and resources
- Campus tours
- Fulfills UNST requirement for all degrees
- Friendships lasting a lifetime
*Must attend all three days to obtain one credit.
** Compass exams are available on campus