- Benefit to students is in the form of a lifetime of higher earnings
- Costs to receive this benefit include tuition, fees, books, supplies and the opportunity cost of time and earnings given up while attending college.
- Benefit to Cost Ratio 5.5
- Return on Investment 19.2 percent
- Benefits to society include reduced medical costs, lower crime rates, reduced income assistance and the increase business and property income.
- Costs are the local and state government contribution to college operations.
- Benefit to Cost Ratio is 11.2
- Benefits to taxpayers include added tax revenue stemming from higher earnings of students, plus avoided social costs.
- Costs comprise funding received by the college from state and local governments.
- Benefit to Cost Ratio is 1.2
- Return on Investment 4.3 percent