State Aid


Wyoming Dependents of Firefighters, Peace Officers, and Emergency Medical Technician

Provides free tuition and general fees for eligible dependents (under 22 years of age at time of the death of their parent or guardian) of Wyoming firefighters, peace officers, and EMTs who die in the line of duty. May be used up to 10 semesters at the University of Wyoming and/or any Wyoming community college (not to exceed six semesters at the community college level).  Any students wishing to apply for this benefit must submit a letter from the Wyoming Retirement System to the CWC Financial Aid office confirming status of the student's benefit and/or account. 


Wyoming Investment in Nursing Loans (WYIN)

Provides financial assistance to prospective nurses in the form of loans. In return for these loans the nurses agree to engage in the practice of their profession within the state of Wyoming for a period of years or repay the loan in cash. Loans are available up to a maximum of $3600 annually for a maximum of two years. To learn more about the eligibility requirements for this program you find information and an application on the Wyoming Community College Commission's website under Wyoming Investment in Nursing or contact the CWC Financial Aid Office.


Veterans' Aid

Central Wyoming College has been approved by both state and federal Veterans Administrations to offer training to veterans under the various public laws pertaining to financial aid for veterans. Students who have been discharged from the armed forces after September 1, 1968 may be eligible to receive federal educational aid under the provisions of Public Law 89-358 or 815.
Children of deceased veterans or veterans rated 100 percent disabled due to military service in World War II, Korean or Vietnam conflicts may qualify for federal educational aid under provisions of Public Law 634. Application may be made through the Financial Aid Office at CWC.
To learn more about the eligibility requirements for these programs you will find information and an application on the Wyoming Community College Commission's website under Veteran Tuition;or contact the CWC Financial Aid Office. 


Wyoming Department of Vocational Rehabilitation

The State Department of Vocational Rehabilitation and the Department of Health and Social Services offer aid to students who are handicapped. Services include vocational counseling, payment of tuition and fees, and a provision for textbooks. Contact the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation at:
Riverton Office  609 E Madison Ave  307-856-2393
Lander Office   259 Main  307-332-4465
Jackson Office  155 W Gill  307-733-6150


Wyoming Workforce Investment Act Program

Provides funding to help adults, dislocated workers and youth find employment through various services available.  In addition to information provided on the Wyoming Department of Workforce Services website, CWC offers information in our Workforce Development and Community Education Department.

Consistent with its mission to value diversity and to treat all individuals with dignity and respect, Central Wyoming College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its educational program services or activities. The college makes reasonable accommodations to serve students with special needs and offers services to students who have the ability to benefit.
©2010 Central Wyoming College - All Rights Reserved