Economic Growth Analysis
- Direct income of faculty and staff wages, college’s purchases for supplies and services.
- Adjusted gross impacts to reflect local monies withdrawn from the economy
- Adjusted for alternative uses of funds.
- $16.8 million net contribution to regional income
Spending of Students from outside our region
- Total spending by students from outside the region while attending CWC.
- Adjusted downward to account for leakage
- $4.5 million net contribution to regional income
Productivity effects of past and present students
- Higher income of former students who are still active in the regional workforce
- Adjusted for time value effects
- $63 million net contribution to regional income
Grand Total $84.3 million which is 2.6 percent of the service region’s $3.3 billion total income.