A dynamic quality program
The Central Wyoming College Music Department invites you to join in a dynamic quality program, consisting of a two-year curriculum that leads to an Associate of Arts degree and is fully transferable.
• A major in music prepares you to enter specialized programs at four-year institutions.
• Non-music majors have opportunities to continue musical pursuits.
• There are many performance opportunities for you to participate in, including Collegiate Chorale, College Band, chamber music ensembles, Big Band, as well as vocal and instrumental jazz ensembles.
• CWC also offers individual instruction in voice, piano, and most instruments plus opportunities to be in musical theater.
The music wing in the Robert A. Peck Arts Center is equipped with soundproof classrooms, rehearsal, and practice areas. State-of-the-art equipment is available for student use, including grand pianos, computer-assisted instruction in classes, a fully-integrated recording studio, a MIDI piano lab, and a large music listening library.
• Try your hand at audio engineering in the college's recording studio and theatre.
• Learn music composition using state-of-the-art digital music work stations.
• Integrate your music and theater experiences.
Music students can participate in a variety of tour experiences that are first rate. Student performance groups tour throughout Wyoming each year, an opportunity that is sometimes not available at other colleges.
The music program is fully transferable to four-year schools.